NEET Dress Code 2020: Candidates appearing for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) will have to follow certain rules of dressing, which are specified by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET 2020 will be conducted on September 13, 2020. Like many other regulations, the exam authority has declared some NEET dress code that every candidate should follow on the exam day. If any candidate fails to meet the NEET dress code criteria, then he/she shall not be allowed to enter the exam center. The NEET 2020 dress code is basically set to avoid any malpractices and cheating.
NEET dress code 2020 instructs what a candidate may or may not wear. The overall details of the dress code are printed on the NEET Admit Card 2020. Read the complete article to get a clear idea about the dress code accepted by NTA in NEET 2020.
Latest Update: The officials of National Testing Agency (NTA) has introduced certain new things in NEET 2020 Dress Code on 8th September due to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the country. Scroll down to find out the new changes in NTA NEET Dress Code.
New Changes In NEET Dress Code 2020
The list of changes in NTA NEET 2020 Dress Code is as follows:
- Face masks are mandatory and all candidates must wear them throughout the examination.
- Heavy jewelry, watches, and other wearable devices are not permitted to the exam hall.
- Candidates should not wear full-sleeved, dark-colored clothes at the exam center. This is applicable for both Male/Female candidates.
- NEET aspirants must not wear clothes with big buttons to the exam hall.
- Shoes, Bellies, Sunglasses, Wallet, Handbag must not be carried to the examination hall.
- Boys are not allowed to wear Kurta Pyjamas and Girls are not allowed to wear Sarees to the exam hall.
The officials have not changed any guidelines as mentioned in the official NEET brochure. The officials have added only a few points that have to be followed by the candidates to stop the spread of Coronavirus in the examination hall.
National Testing Agency has specified the dress code in the official brochure of NEET 2020. The authority has clearly specified the guidelines to be followed by the candidates. There are special guidelines too for candidates who wish to appear in a customary dress. Such candidates will be required to report at the exam center at least an hour before for proper frisking without any inconvenience. Candidates have to ensure that they do not carry any prohibited item mentioned in the code inside the examination center.
NEET Dress Code 2020 For Males
Let’s take a look at the NEET dress code for male candidates. You have to strictly follow these codes without any fail.
- The male candidate should not wear full-sleeved shirts/t-shirts on the exam day. They are allowed to wear half-sleeved shirts and t-shirts.
- Male candidates should wear light clothes which means there should not be zip pockets, big buttons, or embroidery.
- Kurta Pajama is not allowed for male candidates. Simple pants or trousers are preferred.
- Male candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall with shoes. They can take the test wearing sandals or chappal with a thin sole.
NEET Dress Code 2020 For Females
Here is the NEET dress code for female candidates. These guidelines are exclusively posted by NTA and should be followed at all costs.
- Female candidates should not wear clothes with embroidery, flowers, brooches, or buttons.
- They should not wear clothes with full sleeves on the day of the exam. Female candidates should wear half sleeved clothes on the exam day.
- Female candidates should avoid high heels and thick soles. They should wear sandals or slippers. Low heel footwear is also allowed.
- Female candidates should not wear any jewelry like earrings, nose pins, rings, necklaces, anklets, bracelets, or pendants. Metal detectors may cause hassle while checking.
NEET Dress Code 2020 For Customary Dress
Candidates, who follow a particular religion that requires the following of custom, can appear for NEET in their customary dress. According to the High Court of Delhi, Sikh candidates are allowed to carry kara, kirpan or kangha with them. Muslim females are allowed to wear Burkha. While filling the application form of NEET, candidates were asked whether they wear a customary dress or not and what customary dress they will be wearing. These candidates will be required to report at least an hour before the commencement of the exam.
NEET Dress Code 2020: List Of Barred Items
Candidates are not allowed to carry certain items inside the examination hall. They will have to go through the compulsory frisking before entering the NEET exam centers.
Here is a list of barred items posted by the NTA. Candidates can have a look for their reference:
- Stationery items such as textual material, geometry or pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, pen drives, eraser, log table, Electronic pen, scanner, writing pad, bits of paper, etc.
- Any communication device like mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphones, microphones, health bands, etc.
- Other items like wallet, goggles, handbags, belts, cap, etc.
- Watch, bracelet, camera, etc.
- Any ornament or a metallic item, etc.
- Any food items opened or a packed water bottle, etc.
- Other items that can be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth devices, etc.
Points To Note:
- Any applicable order of Hon’ble Supreme Court/High Courts will be followed in this regard.
- No arrangement will be available at the exam center to keep the belongings of candidates.
- In case any candidate is found to have any of the barred items, it will be considered as the unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate.
- Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry eatables like their sugar tablets, fruits (banana, apple, orange), and a transparent water bottle to the exam hall.
- They will not be allowed to carry packaged items like chocolates, candy, sandwiches, etc.
FAQs Regarding NEET Dress Code 2020
Some of the FAQs and their answers are as under:
A. Yes, candidates are allowed to wear light-colored denim pants to the exam hall.
A. Candidates are not allowed to wear any kind of jewelry like earrings, nose rings, rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, or anklets.
A. Yes, candidates can wear Palazzo pants to the NEET exam hall.
A. No, candidates with elaborate tattoos will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Now you know everything about the NEET Dress Code. We hope that this article helps you.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding NEET Dress Code 2020, feel free to reach out to us using the comment box below. We will surely get back to you.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on NEET Dress Code 2020. Embibe wishes you good luck for NEET 2020!740 Views