NEET Reservation Criteria 2022: EWS, OBC, SC & ST -Embibe
  • Written By Aditi_M
  • Last Modified 19-09-2022
  • Written By Aditi_M
  • Last Modified 19-09-2022

NEET Reservation Criteria 2022: Check Eligibility

NEET Reservation Criteria 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted NEET 2022 exam on July 17, 2022. The result was declared on September 7, 2022, and the counselling session will commence soon. As per the latest NEET-UG reservation criterion 2022, there is a 27 per cent quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) and a 10 per cent quota for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).

The reservation criteria in NEET are the percentage of seats reserved for scheduled tribes (ST), scheduled castes (SC), OBC, EWS, and physically disabled candidates (PwD) for admission to MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses offered in all medical and dental colleges across the country. While applying for NEET 2022 admissions, medical students must fill out their NEET-UG reservation criteria. Read on to check the detailed information on NEET reservation criteria 2022.

Click here to read this article in Hindi

Latest Updates:
– NTA declared the NEET Results 2022 on September 7, 2022. Download Now (Direct Link 1Direct Link 2 and Direct Link 3)
– Check NEET 2022 Toppers List Here (Download PDF)
– Download NEET 2022 Final Answer Key (Download PDF Here)

NEET Reservation Criteria 2022

As per the reservation criteria for the NEET exam 2022, 15% of the seats are offered under the All India Quota, whereas the remaining 85% are reserved under the state quota. According to the state quota, every state has individual criteria applicable during the counselling procedure. Candidates must note that the NEET reservation criteria are relevant in central/ deemed universities and private colleges.

The NEET 2022 UG exam took place in offline mode for UG admissions in MBBS and BDS courses on July 17, 2022. The number of seats available for medical admission in 2022 is:

  • MBBS Seats: 76,928
  • BDS Seats: 26,949

Note: MCC will conduct counselling for 15% of All India Quota seats MBBS/ BDS seats of states (as per the information provided by Jammu and Kashmir authorities, as part of the counselling from 2022-23).

Reservation Criteria in NEET 2022 for 15% All India Quota

The DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) will conduct counselling on behalf of the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) for 15% of seats reserved in all government medical colleges. The total of 15% is divided as: 

CategoryNEET Reservation
Scheduled Caste (SC)15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST)7.5%
Other Backward Caste (OBC)27%
Economically Weaker Section (EWS)10%
Persons with Disability (PwD)*5%

Note-

  • Horizontal reservation across all categories, including unreserved seats.
  • Rest unreserved seats will be filled based on merit achieved in NEET 2022.

Documents Required to Claim NEET 2022 Reservation

All the qualified candidates under reserved categories must present the relevant documents required by the NTA to support their claim for seat reservations. If they cannot produce the necessary documentation, they might fail to get a reserved medical seat and will be provided with a seat based on merit.

To get the required documentation for reserved seats, candidates from all the reserved categories can contact their respective nodal authority offices and get them in due time. Here is the list of nodal authorities for different categories:

CategoryNodal Authority
PwD (Locomotor Disability)Duly Constituted Medical Board at Selected Central Government Hospitals
OBC-NCLDistrict Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner
OR
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar), Sub-divisional Officer
SC/STDistrict Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner
OR
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar), Sub-divisional Officer


NEET Reservation Criteria 2022 for Economically Weaker Sections

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has started the EWS quota. As per the latest central government norms, 10% of the AIQ seats will be reserved for the EWS candidates. The authorities have released clear and specific guidelines. EWS category will consider PwD and CW categories in Delhi University and Medical College of RML Hospital.

Applicants Who Do Not Fall Under EWS Categories

Applicants whose families own any of the following assets will not be considered for admission under the EWS quota.

  • 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
  • Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above.
  • Residential plots of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
  • Residential plots of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.

NEET Participating Institutes for EWS Reservation

The participating institutes for EWS are as follows

  • Central University/Institutes
  • National Institutes
  • State Government Medical Colleges

Important Note: EWS reservation at all India levels is applicable at central universities only. The State Council will release its reservation criteria for the same.

NEET Reservation 2022 (EWS): List of Central Colleges

The list of colleges that accept NEET 2022 EWS reservations is provided below. This reservation will also be accessible only to candidates from unreserved categories.

  • Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
  • University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
  • VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
  • Medical College of RML Hospital, New Delhi
  • Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi

NEET Reservation Criteria 2022 for Persons With Disabilities

According to the reservation criteria of NEET, physically disabled candidates will get a reservation of 5% of the total seats. Candidates that fall under this category will have to procure a ‘Certificate of Disability’ from one of the 12 designated centres assigned by NTA. They will also have to fulfil the following rules:

Candidates seeking a medical seat reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) must have a “Certificate of Disability”. Aspirants claiming reservation under this act need to submit the certificate issued by the disability assessment boards as mentioned below:

Disability Centre Designated by MCC
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi
All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (for Locomotor Disability only), Mumbai
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
Madras Medical College, Chennai
Grant Government Medical College, JJ Hospital Compound, Mumbai
Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Sector32, Chandigarh
Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
SMS Medical College, Jaipur
AIIMS, Nagpur, Maharashtra
Goa Medical College, Goa
Govt. Medical College, Agartala, State Disability Board, Agartala, Tripura

Reservation Criteria in NEET 2022: 85% State Quota

According to the latest reservation policy, each state has its own reservation policy for different categories. The government governs all admissions in both private and government institutions.


NEET Reservation 2022 for Deemed/ Central Universities and ESIC Colleges

The seats offered in deemed/ central universities, ESIC colleges and AFMS institutes are also provided by All India Counselling conducted by DGHS, which also follows the same NEET reservation criteria.

FAQS on NEET Reservation Criteria 2022

Here, we have listed some of the frequently asked questions related to NEET Reservation 2022:

Q.1: What are the NEET reservation criteria for 2022?
Ans: Some NEET seats are reserved for different categories, i.e., SC, ST, OBC, EWS, and PwD. 85% of NEET seats are reserved under the state quota, and the rest 15% of seats are reserved for AIQ seats.

Q.2: What is the latest change in the NEET reservation criteria for AIQ seats?
Ans: NTA has released the revised NEET reservation criteria for AIQ seats as per central government norms. As per the latest NTA notice, the NEET (15%) AIQ reservation will be divided category-wise, i.e., SC- 15%, ST- 7.5%, OBC (NCL) -27%, EWS-10%, PwD- 5%.

Q.3: What is NEET reservation for the OBC category?
Ans:
NEET 2022 reservation for the OBC category is 27% within All India Quota (AIQ) seats.

Q.4: What are the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022?
Ans: Candidates who have cleared 10+2 equivalent in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English as a core language from the recognized board.

Q.5: Is there any NEET reservation policy for Physically Handicapped candidates under the state quota?
Ans: Each state has its own reservation policy. The reservation policy for physically handicapped candidates is as per state government policies.

Q.6: Are there any restrictions on the number of attempts for NEET?
Ans: No, there are no restrictions on the number of attempts for the NEET exam.

Quick Links,

 NEET Marks vs Rank NEET Merit List
 NEET Counselling NEET Important Dates
 NEET Answer Key NEET Exam
 NEET Topper NEET Cut-off

We hope that this article on NEET Reservation Criteria 2022 helps you. If you have any questions regarding NEET 2022 exam, reach out to us. We will be happy to help you.

Stay tuned to Embibe for the latest updates on NEET reservation criteria 2022.

Free Unlimited 3D Learning & Practice With Solutions For Every Question in NEET