AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences has released the result of BSc Nursing (Post Basic) stage 1 on the official website on June 20. The personal interview and assessment will be conducted on July 8 through online mode.
Latest: To check stage 1 Result for B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) – Click Here
The exam for B.Sc nursing (Hons) and B.Sc (Paramedical) was scheduled for June 28 and June 20 respectively.
AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020 is conducted by AIIMS Delhi as an all India level test, which is conducted annually for admission in B.Sc Nursing (post-basic), B.Sc (paramedical), B.Sc (H) Nursing courses. Further candidates as per the marks obtained in the test are called for the counselling process in order to provide seats as per availability in the courses. Details on AIIMS B.Sc Nursing entrance examination 2020 are provided in this article elaborated below.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Overview
It must be known to candidates aspiring for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020 that there are a total of seven institutes of AIIMS all over the nation for which the examination is conducted every year. Also, there are a total of 571 BSc seats and 20 BSc post basic seats in the entrance examination as per previous year’s information. Some of the basic details regarding the examination are provided in the table given below.
AIIMS B.Sc Entrance Examination Overview:
|Name of exam||AIIMS B.Sc Entrance Examination 2020|
|Conducting body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi|
|Courses offered||B.Sc Nursing (Post-basic), B.Sc (H) Nursing|
|Mode of exam||Online mode (computer-based exam)|
|Language Of Examination||English|
|Duration of examination||B.Sc Nursing (Post-basic) – 1.5 hours|
B.Sc (H) Nursing – 2 hours
|Seats Available||B.Sc Nursing (Post-basic) – 20|
B.Sc (H) Nursing – 571
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Important Dates
As per the revised schedule of AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020 there are various changes being made by the institute in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates must stay updated about the whole examination and admission schedule in order to not miss on anything important. Candidates can find all the important dates regarding AIIMS B.SC entrance examination 2020 tabulated below as per official notices.
Important Dates for AIIMS B.Sc Entrance Examination 2020
|Basic registration starts||12 Dec 2019|
|Last date for basic registration||31 Jan 2020 (05:00 PM)|
|Status of basic registration||05 Feb 2020|
|Correction of deficiencies in rejected Basic Registration||06 – 17 Feb 2020|
|Final status of Basic registration||24 Feb 2020|
|Uploading of prospectus||12 Mar 2020|
|Generation of code and final registrations start||04 May 2020|
|Last date for Generation of code and final registrations||11 May 2020|
|Final Status of B.Sc (H) Nursing application|
12 May-14 May 2020
|Final Status of B.Sc Nursing(Post Basic) and B.Sc (ParamedicalCourses) applications||16 May 2020|
|Re-choose the examination centre||15 – 18 May 2020|
|Last date for submission of required documents forregularization of rejected applications||20 May 2020|
|Issuance of AIIMS B.Sc (H) Nursing 2020 admit card||To be Notified|
|Issuance of admit card for B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic)/B.Sc (Paramedical courses)||03 Jun 2020|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) Exam||11 Jun 2020|
|B.Sc (H) Nursing Exam||28 Jun 2020|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) entrance exam result notification||20 Jun 2020|
|B.Sc (H) Nursing result notification||1st week of Jul 2020|
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Eligibility
As per the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), there is a basic eligibility requirement that must be fulfilled by every candidate aspiring to apply for the B.Sc courses. Therefore, it is suggested that candidates must go through these eligibility before starting to apply for the desired course. Once a candidate is found eligible he/she may apply for the below listed courses.
ELIGIBILITY FOR B.SC. (Hons) NURSING
- The Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects.
- It is mandatory for Candidates to have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in 10+2, whereas, the criteria for SC/ ST category is 50%.
B.SC PARA MEDICAL
- The candidates must have qualified the 10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized University/Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Maths as major subjects.
- Alos, it is mandatory for candidates to have obtained at least 50% marks in case of Gen/ EWS/OBC category and 45% in case of SC / ST category
ELIGIBILITY FOR B.SC NURSING (POST-BASIC)
- Qualification: The candidate must have qualified 10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University. However, those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible to apply.
- Diploma: Candidate should have diploma in general nursing and midwifery from any of the institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Others: Candidate must have a registration as a nurse, or registered midwife with any State Nursing council. However, besides being registered as a nurse, male nurses must have a six-month training in any of the given subjects..
- Ophthalmic Nursing.
- O.T. Techniques,
- Leprosy Nursing,
- TB Nursing,
- Psychiatric Nursing,
- Neurological and NeuroSurgical Nursing,
- Community Health Nursing,
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Application Form
The candidates willing to apply for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020 need to go through a series of application processes. The very first step is the basic registration process after which candidates can generate a Registration Unique Code (RUC). This code will be of help to students for completing the remaining procedures of AIIMS Nursing application form 2020.
Further the final registration process is ongoing since March, 2020 for candidates to complete the process. Given below are the steps and fee payment details for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020.
- 1st Step – Online registration of the candidate by entering basic details.
- 2nd Step – Passport size photograph, left thumb impression and signature upload.
- 3rd Step – Generation of RUC.
- 1st Step – Academic details to be entered by candidates.
- 2nd Step – Contact details to be entered by candidates.
- 1st Step – Payment of fee for AIIMS Nursing 2020 application form. Details of fee payment is mentioned in the table below on this page.
- 2nd Step – Selection of AIIMS Nursing exam centres 2020.
Application Nursing 2020 Application Fee details:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||1500|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||1200|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||1200|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||Exempted from paying fee|
Confirmation – In this part candidates have to verify their AIIMS Nursing 2020 confirmation page and take a printout of the same for future reference
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Exam Centers
As per the previous year’s entails the examination for AIIMs B.Sc was conducted in over fourteen different centers across the nations.Given below are the list of examination centers for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Admit Card
The admit card for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination is the most important document to be carried by a candidate on the day of examination. The admit card for various B.Sc courses will be released separately on different days by the authority. In order to get the admit card for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination 2020 candidates need to visit the official website of the institution and download the same online. There are these basic four steps that candidates need to follow in order to download their AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination hall ticket 2020.
- Fill in the registration ID
- Enter RUC
- Enter the captcha code
- Verify details on AIIMS Nursing 2020 admit card and download the same.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Examination Pattern
The pattern of examination is important for candidates to understand before taking the examination. With the help of examination patterns a candidate is able to practice in the same manner, within time boundaries. Also, the examination pattern for various AIIMS B.Sc courses is slightly different and provided below for candidates aspiring for them.
EXAM SCHEME FOR B.SC (HONS)
- Duration Of examination – two hour.
- Mode of Exam – Online mode (Computer– Based).
- Number of questions – 100 questions
- Type of questions – All the questions are objective type i.e multiple-choice questions are asked.
- Sections – Total number of four sections
- Marking scheme – Candidate will get one mark for every correct answer. There is a negative marking of -1/3 marks in case of an incorrect answer.
Distribution table of marks and question:
EXAM SCHEME FOR B.SC NURSING (POST-BASIC) – In B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic), the selection of a candidate is done based on the two stages.
- Stage 1 – Written examination
- Stage 2 – Personal Assessment/Interview
Pattern of Written Exam
- Duration of examination – 1 hour and 30 minutes is the duration of B.Sc Post Basic
- Mode of Exam – Online mode (Computer– Based).
- Type of questions – There will be Multiple choice questions.
- Number of questions – 70 questions.
- Subjects – Fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
- Marking scheme – Each question is of one (1) mark. There is a negative marking of -1/3 marks in case of an incorrect answer.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Cutoff
The AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination cut off is the minimum marks required by candidates in the examination to qualify the same. As per the marks obtained candidates will be further assessed for the admission to various courses. It is further suggested that candidates must go through the previous year’s cut offs in order to understand the pattern. Also, the cut off for the examination keeps changing every year as per the difficulty level, number of students and other important factors of the examination.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Result
The AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination result 2020 is to be declared online for candidates taking the exam. The authority will declare results tentatively for B.Sc (H) Nursing in the first week of July 2020, while that of B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) will be declared on June 13, 2020. The candidates will be able to check the results for AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination result 2020 by logging in from the official website only.
It is further notified that the result will be in the form of a merit list in a Pdf format.On the merit list of AIIMS B.Sc entrance examination candidates will be able to check their roll number and overall rank in the exam. On the basis of the result, candidates will be qualified for the online counselling. No separate call letters will be sent via post to the candidates, they have to check the result online on the website.
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Counselling
The counselling process for AIIMS B.Sc 2020 is to be conducted in order to grant seats to the candidates. These candidates will be called as per their rank in the merit list created by the committee. Also, the candidates called for each category of course are 8 times more than the seats available. There will be three rounds of counselling for students applying for B.Sc Honours in Nursing. Further, on reporting to the allotted institute after AIIMS entrance exam counselling process 2020, candidates have to furnish the below-mentioned documents in original:
- Admit card of AIIMS Nursing 2020
- Class 10 or 12 qualifying certificate (to be used as a birth certificate)
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Migration certificate
- Certificate of physical disability (if any)
- Certificate of passing degree
- Qualifying exam marksheet
- No Objection Certificate (if candidate is Government employee)
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Seat Reservation
The reservation of seats in AIIMS B.Sc admission 2020 is as per the category of students. The seats are distributed in general, OBC and SC/ST category on major distribution. If there is a vacancy left in seats reserved for ST they will be filled by candidates belonging to SC and vice-versa. further, If the vacancy is not filled then candidates belonging to general category will be given preference and if there is a vacancy in OBC reserved category, it will be filled by candidates belonging to general category
The 5% seats reservation provided to PWBD is for Indian Nationals. It will be provided on horizontal basis, in those seats which are advertised
AIIMS Nursing Seats Reservation
|Person With Benchmark Disability (PWBD)||5%|
AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – FAQs
Q1: What is the selection process for AIIMS Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020?
Ans: The selection of candidates will be done on a 2-stage performance evaluation. First is the written test and then the second is Personal Assessment / Interview.
Q.2 Is there negative marking in AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Examination?
Ans: Yes, for every incorrect answer given by the candidate, -1/3 marks will be deducted.
Q.3 Can a male candidate apply for the B.Sc nursing courses at AIIMS?
Ans: No, AIIMS Nursing entrance test is conducted only for female candidates, therefore male candidates are ineligible.
Q.4 Who has the authority to conduct the AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Examination 2020?
Ans: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is the authority competent to conduct exam for AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Examination 2020.
We hope that this information on AIIMS B.Sc Entrance Examination has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get latest news and updates on AIIMS B.Sc Entrance Examination 202070 Views