Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2020-21: The India Post have invited application for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak, Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), and Branch Post Master (BPM) on the official website. The Department of Posts which comes under the Ministry Of Communications is conducting GDS recruitment for Jharkand, Punjab and North Eastern States through the GDS Online Engagement. Interested candidates can check India Post GDS Salary 2020-21 and job profile for different posts.
The GDS salary 2020-21 is referred to as Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) and candidates are paid for 4 or 5 hours of duty. Candidates aspiring to join government job should know all the details about the salary and job profile. We will provide all the details on Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Structure, Pay Scale, Job Profile, Allowances, and other benefits in this article. Read on to find out.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2020-21
Before getting into the details, let’s have a look at the posts under India Post GDS recruitment 2020-21. The posts are listed below.
- Branch Post Master (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
- Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
Now let’s go through the post-wise salary and the job profile mentioned below:
GDS Salary 2020-21 (Post-Wise Payscale)
The salary for GDS posts is referred to as Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA). Check the new GDS salary for Gramin Dak Sevak, ABPM, and BPM posts from below:
|Posts||Min. TRCA for 4 Hours||Min. TRCA for 5 Hours|
|Gramin Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/-||Rs.12,000/-|
Note that candidates recruited for GDS posts will be initially placed under the TRCA 4 hours category. Also, the above-mentioned salary is the minimum pay and other allowances and increments are applicable as per rules.
GDS BPM Salary 2020-21
The Gramin Dak Sevak Salary details for BPM or Branch Post Master is as below:
- – The minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in the TRCA slab is Rs. 12000/- per month and the maximum is Rs.29, 380/-.
- – The minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab is Rs. 14500/- per month and the maximum is Rs. 35,480/-.
|Working Hours||Basic (Rs.)||Increment/DA (Rs.)||Gross Salary (Rs.)|
|3 Hours 30 Mins||3200||60/3808||7008|
The Professional Tax is Rs.110 for all working hours.
GDS ABPM & Dak Sevak Salary 2020-21
- – The minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA slab has been increased to Rs. 10000/- per month and the maximum to Rs.24, 470/-.
- – The minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab is Rs. 12000/- per month and the maximum to Rs. 29,480/-.
|GDS 2020 Recruitment||India Post 2020 Recruitment|
|GDS Result||GDS Selection Process|
GDS BPM Job Profile 2020-21
Job Profile or Work Profile of Branch Post Master – BPM
The job profile of Branch Post Master (BPM) is listed below:
- The Branch Post Master is responsible to take care of the entire Gram Panchayat postal works.
- It will include managing affairs of Branch Post Office, India Post Payment Banks
- Ensuring uninterrupted counter operation during working hours using digital devices such as handheld devices, mobile phones, laptop etc
- Management of records, marketing of postals, India post payment bank services and procurement of business in the village or gram panchayat
- Basically, the BPM will be heading the branch. That is, he/she should administrate the tasks to be performed in his/her branch.
- The Branch Post Master is responsible to promote the Government Schemes such as Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, Money Depositing, etc. and try to open the maximum number of accounts in his/her branch.
- The BPM is also responsible to take care of money orders, book posts, speed posts, etc.
- The BPM will be responsible for smooth and timely functioning of post office including mail conveyance and mail delivery
- Conducting marketing, organizing melas, business procurement and any other work assigned by supervising authorities are important task for BPM
- BPM is responsible to assign the task of distribution to the concerned person.
GDS ABPM Job Profile 2020-21
Check the job profile of the Assistant Branch Post Master post from below:
- Assistant Branch Post Master must assist the BPM for the smooth functioning of the branch.
- Taking care of sale/stamps/stationary, conveyance and delivery of mail at door step deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB
- The ABPM is involved in all basic functions such as the sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail, deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB, assisting Branch Post Masters in counter duties using the handheld devices/Smartphones supplied by the Department.
- ABPM is also involved in marketing, business procurement, and any other work assigned by the Branch Postmaster or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising authorities.
- Assistant Branch Postmaster is also required to do Combined Duty of BPMs as and when ordered.
Dak Sevak Job Profile 2020-21
Check the job profile for Dak Sevak post from below:
- Dak Sevak is involved in all functions such as the sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail, and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS.
- Dak Sevak needs to assist the Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement, or any other work assigned by Supervising authorities.
- In Railway Mail Services (RMS), Gramin Dak Sevak has to involve in work such as closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to another, and any other works allotted by the RMS authorities.
GDS Mail Deliverer Salary 2020-21
The Gramin Dak Sevak Salary of Mail Deliverer or MD/SV is tabulated below:
|Working Hours||Basic||Increment/DA||Gross Salary|
|3 Hours 45 Mins||3300||60/3963||7293|
The P TAX or Professional Tax is Rs.110 for all working hours.
GDS Mail Deliverer Job Profile 2020-21
The job profile of Mail Deliverer is as below:
- The main role of the Mail Deliverer is to distribute the mail to the end-users or public.
- The MD will receive the mail to be delivered from the BPM and distribute it accordingly.
- Also, the MD is responsible to create awareness regarding Govt schemes and encourage the public to participate in govt schemes.
- The BPM will set the target for MD to reach the public and enroll themselves under govt schemes.
GDS Mail Carrier/Packer Salary 2020-21
The Gramin Dak Sevak salary of Mail Carrier and Packer is tabulated below:
|Working Hours||Basic||Increment/DA||Gross Salary|
|3 Hours 45 Mins||2810||50/3415||6285|
Note: The Gramin Dak Sevak Salary for both Mail Collector and Packer is the same.
Mail Carrier & Packer Job Profile 2020-21
Check the nature of the work allotted to these posts from below:
Job Profile or Work Profile of Mail Carrier – MC
The job profile or work profile of Mail Carrier is as below:
- The main role of MC is to carry the mail bags from the account post to the branch post office and the mailbag from the branch post office to account office.
- There are some cases where Mail collector also acts as a Mail Deliverer.
- So, whenever the MC acts as an MD, it’s their responsibility to sell govt schemes to the public.
Job Profile or Work Profile of Packer:
The work profile of Packer is listed below:
- The packer is responsible to assist the mail collector and mail deliverer.
- The main role of the packer is to pack the mail bags and open the mail bags and distribute them to the MD and MC accordingly.
GDS Allowances After 7th Pay Commission 2020-21
There are several benefits after the introduction of the 7th pay commission:
- The employers who are working under Gramin Dak Sevak can avail children education allowance up to Rs 6000/- per year.
- The employers can avail stationery charges of Rs.25/- per month.
- One time transfer for male candidates and 2-time transfer for female candidates is allowed.
- BPM can avail Rs.500 for standard office rent and Rs.200 for non-standard office rent.
- Employers can also opt for voluntary retirement benefits with a minimum service of 10 years.
Now you are provided with detailed information regarding Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2020. Apart from GDS vacancies, candidates can also apply for other India Post Recruitment vacancies as and when released. The GDS vacancies are released on GDS Official website and it only includes the recruitment for Dak Sevak, ABPM, and BPM whereas, India Post recruitment includes GDS and other posts recruitment.
FAQs regarding the GDS Salary 2020-21
The frequently asked questions on Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2020-21 are given below:
The recruitment of postmaster is through GDS online engagement and as per GDS recruitment notification the monthly salary for village postmaster is Rs. 12,000/- for 4 hours and Rs. 14,500/- for 5 hours.
The monthly salary of Gramin Dak Sevak post is Rs. 10,000/- for 4 hours and Rs. 12,000/- for 5 hours duty.
GDS BPM (Branch Post Master) Level 1 TRCA Slab refers to 4 hours service and Level 2 TRCA Slab refers to 5 hours service.
The starting salary of a GDS Mail Carrier can be Rs 5026 to 7961.
We hope this detailed article on Gramin Dak Sevak Salary is helpful. If you have any doubts or queries regarding this article, drop your comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.33626 Views