GDS Recruitment 2020: India Post releases the GDS recruitment notification on the official website. A total of 442 vacancies are released for Jammu & Kashmir postal circle. The GDS online application process for J&K circle has begun from July 06 and will end on August 05.
India Post releases the GDS recruitment notice for the post of Dak Sevak, Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), and Branch Post Master (BPM). Candidates interested in Post Office jobs can check the eligibility and other details and apply online for the post. In this article, we have provided all the details on GDS recruitment 2020. Check dates, vacancies, eligibility, salary, selection process, how to apply online, fee, result, and more.
Latest – GDS online application for J&K circle will end on August 05. Click Here to apply online.
GDS Recruitment 2020
Let us first have an overview of GDS Recruitment 2020:
|Job Role||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Recruitment Body||India Post|
|Job Location||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Educational Qualification||10th Passed|
|Age Limit||18 to 40|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online (or) Offline|
|Salary||Rs 12,000 to Rs.14,500/-|
There are a total of 23 postal circles in India. The recruitment will be done for the circles throughout the year.
GDS Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
Aspirants must be aware of the important dates for GDS Recruitment 2020. Check the GDS application dates from the table below:
|Start of Registration and Fee Payment||July 06, 2020|
|End of Registration and Fee Payment||August 05, 2020|
|Start of GDS Online Application||July 06, 2020|
|End of GDS Online Application||August 05, 2020|
GDS Vacancies 2020
The number of vacancies released for various postal circles is given below:
|Jammu & Kashmir||442|
Gramin Dak Sevak Job Profile
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) is divided into three categories: Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster, and Dak Sevaks.
- – Dak Sevaks are responsible for collecting, packaging, and distributing the posts.
- – The Branch Postmaster and Assistant Branch Postmaster are responsible for managing these distributions.
- – Every region has Dak Sevaks and each Dak Sevak reports to the Assistant Branch Postmaster while the Assistant Branch Postmaster reports to the Branch Postmaster.
- – Gramin Dak Sevak is also responsible for promoting government schemes. Dak Sevak will be working as Collector, Packer and Deliver.
- – In some cases, the Dak Sevak can work as the Assistant Branch Postmaster.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary
The minimum salary for the post of Dak Sevak, ABPM & BPM posts are tabulated below:
|Category||Minimum TRCA for 4|
|Minimum TRCA for 5|
|ABPM/ Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/-||Rs.12,000/-|
TRCS stands for ‘Time Related Continuity Allowance’
For more information, read this article on the Gramin Dak Sevak Job profile and salary.
GDS Recruitment: GDS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Here are the eligibility criteria for GDS Recruitment 2020:
- – Educational Qualification: A candidate should have passed SSC or 10th class with Mathematics and English as compulsory or elective subjects. The candidate must have studied from a recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/ State Governments/ Union Territories in India.
- – Local Language Knowlege: Candidates must have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard as a compulsory or as an elective subject. Click Here to check the list of local languages for different States and Union Territories.
- – Computer Knowledge: The candidate should possess a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions/ Organizations
- – Knowledge of Cycling: Candidates should know how to drive a cycle and if they know how to drive scooters or motorcycle then that will be considered as knowledge of cycling.
Age Limit: 18 to 40 Years as on July 06, 2020. However, there is relaxation in the upper age limit. The age relaxation details are given below:
|Category||Age Relaxation of|
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
GDS Recruitment 2020: How To Apply Online?
The GDS application form is filled and submitted through online mode. The GDS application process consists of three parts, namely, Registration, Fee Payment, and Filling of the Application form. Check out the stage-wise application process below:
- Stage 1: Registration
– Visit the official website – appost.in
– Click on the link ‘Registration’
– Enter the details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email, and other required details and submit
– Verify the OTP. A unique ‘Registration Number’ will be generated
- Stage 2: Fee Payment
– Click on the link – ‘Fee Payment’
– Enter your Registration Number, Name, and other details.
– Check the details and click on the button ‘Make Payment’
– Complete the transaction through online mode (using credit/ debit cards or Net Banking)
– If you wish to pay through offline mode. Visit the Head Post Offices and pay the fee in cash. Click Here to download the list of Head Post Offices.
- Stage 3: Fill Application Form
– Click on the link – ‘Apply Online’
– Fill the application form with personal, educational, and other details.
– Upload the scanned copies of Photograph, Signature, and other documents (if applicable).
– Select the ‘Post Preferences’ from the available postal circle vacancies.
– Preview the application form and check the details carefully. Make changes if needed. Thereafter, submit the application form.
– Take the print out of the filled application form for future reference.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Fee
Check the application fee to be paid for GDS registration 2020 from the table below:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|Unreserved / OBC / EWS (Male)||100|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||0|
For more information on how to apply, please check this article below on GDS Application Form.
GDS Selection Process 2020
The Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process will not include any written or online exam. The selection will be done on the basis of the candidate’s Class 10 marks. Here are some important points related to GDS selection process:
- Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process will only be based on the candidate’s 10th standard marks.
- The marks scored by the candidate will be rounded off to the accuracy of 4 decimals to prepare the Gramin Dak Sevak merit list.
- There will be no weightage given to candidates having higher qualifications, past experience, and service knowledge. The selection will only be based on merit (marks in Class 10).
- If two candidates have scored the same mark then the officials will select candidates based on the following criteria:
– The candidate older in age will be preferred.
– After that, preference will be given in the order of ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
GDS Recruitment 2020: GDS Result
GDS Result Date 2020: India Post usually takes 3 to 4 months from the date of the recruitment to release the GDS Result. The GDS Result will be released on the official website of India Post.
The GDS Merit List will be released where the name of the candidates who have successfully qualified in the exam will be printed along with their roll number. GDS Result is going to come soon for the circles of West Bengal (Cycle II – 2021 Posts), Assam (919 Posts), Haryana (608 Posts) and Uttarakhand (724 Posts).
GDS Official Notification 2020
Candidates can check the official GDS 2020 notification for Jammu & Kashmir circles from below:
|Circles||Official Notification PDF|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
We have now provided all the relevant information on GDS Recruitment 2020. Make sure that you go through all the details and complete the GDS application process before the last date. You can also go through other Post Office Jobs under India Post Recruitment to check whether or not you can apply.
We hope this article on GDS Recruitment 2020 helps you. If you have any doubts pertaining to GDS Recruitment, feel free to post it in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
To know more about GDS Recruitment 2020 stay tuned to Embibe!363 Views