NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the tentative schedule for JEE Main and NEET 2019. As per the latest schedule, JEE Main will be conducted twice, once in January and then again in April. NEET 2019 will be conducted only once, in the month of May 2019. NEET will be a single exam in offline mode (pen and paper based). Also, the test will conducted in the same number of languages as before. JEE Main will be a computer-based exam.
Union Minister of MHRD, Prakash Javedekar announced on 30th July 2018 that national-level engineering and medical entrance exams – JEE Main and NEET – will be computer-based and not online tests. This means there will be no need of Internet connection to take these exams. The decision was made in order to avoid Internet related issues and problems during the test, which cause confusion, inconvenience and panic among students. As per the latest notification, only NEET will be allowed in pen and paper based mode.
Union MHRD Minister Prakash Javadekar, on Saturday, July 7, 2018 announced the National Testing Agency (NTA) exam schedule. The NTA will be conducting the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main) effective this year. Apart from NEET and JEE (Main), NTA will also conduct National Eligibility Test (NET), Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) examinations from now on.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: Everything You Need To Know
The national-level competitive examinations – NEET, JEE (Main) and National Eligibility Test (NET) were previously conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). CMAT and GPAT examination were conducted by AICTE. With the NTA being operational, the CBSE has been relieved of the responsibility of conducting these exams.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: Why It Has Been Done
The change has been done in order to:
- A. Make the examination conducting body more accountable,
- B. Curb/minimise incidences of paper leak,
- C. Make the examinations fully-secure & computerised,
- D. Come at par with international standards of assessment,
- E. To have a more student friendly, open, scientific and leak-proof system.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: Which Will Be The First Exam To Be Conducted By NTA
National Eligibility Test (NET) would be conducted in December and this would be the first exam to be conducted by the newly formed body.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: When These Changes Will Be Effective
The new changes will be effective for the examinations to be conducted for academic session 2019-20.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: What Are The Major Changes In JEE (Main) & NEET
JEE Main and NEET, as conducted by the NTA, will have the following changes:
- A. Only the method of taking the examination will change.
- B. JEE Main will be computer-based (not online) and NEET will be pen-and-paper based as before.
- C. The NTA will set up a unique question paper for each student with the help of softwares that will pick up questions randomly. The entire process of test generation will be technology driven, with the help of Artificial Intelligence and Psychometric Analysis.
- E. Also, JEE (Main) will happen twice in a year now.
- F. JEE (Main) will be held in January and April while NEET will be only once in May.
- G. These competitive exams will be held on multiple dates.
- H. Aspirants may appear for one or both as per their choice.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: How It Will Be Beneficial For The Students
Announcing the schedule of National Testing Agency, Javadekar stated that the new arrangement made by the MHRD will garner a lot of benefit to the students of the country:
- A. Every student will get the opportunity to attempt the examinations twice a year to avoid drop-year cases, which could have been due to any unavoidable circumstance like an accident or sickness/disease.
- B. The exams would be held over a span of four-five days and students would have the option of choosing the dates.
- C. The results will be declared faster and more efficiently.
- D. The candidates who would appear for these tests will be able to use the best score from the multiple attempts during the counselling process.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: What Is Not Going To Change
Students were worried about whether the syllabus and exam pattern will change now that NTA will be conducting the exams. There is:
- A. No change in the syllabus of these examinations,
- B. No change in the question format of these examinations,
- C. No change in the nature, kind and difficulty level of questions,
- D. No change in the language of these examinations,
- E. No change in the fee for these examinations,
- F. The IITs would continue to conduct Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced examination in its current form,
- G. All the above mentioned examinations will be held in existing number of languages.
However, changes in the syllabus, pattern and difficulty level are likely to be made in the future.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: How Govt. Is going To Support The Students In Practicing The On-line or Computer-based Testing (CBT)
As JEE Main and NEET will be computer-based, students with little to no exposure to computers might find it difficult to take exams on a computer. Keeping this in mind, the government will do the following to provide students with the necessary support and assistance.
- A. The time table of the exams to be conducted by NTA would be uploaded on the ministry’s website
- B. Students will be able to go practice mock/practice tests from August-end at home or computer/examination centres, free of cost.
- C. NTA will establish a network of test practice centres for students of rural areas so that everyone will have an opportunity to practice before the exam. 3000 such centres will be set up by the NTA all over India.
- D. Schools/engineering colleges with computer centres would be identified and kept open on Saturday/Sunday starting from 3rd week of August. Any student can use the facility free of charge.
- E. A mobile application will be launched for the students to locate the centres and register themselves.
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: JEE (Main) Tentative Schedule
The tentative schedule for JEE Main is as under:
JEE Main January 2019 Examination
|Online submission of application forms||1st September 2018 to 30th September 2018|
|Download of Admit Card||17th December 2018|
|Dates of examination||6th January 2019 to 20th January 2019 (8 different sittings, and candidate can choose any one)|
|Declaration of results||31st January 2019|
JEE Main April 2019 Examination
|Online submission of application forms||8th February 2019 to 7th March 2019|
|Download of Admit Card||18th March 2019|
|Dates of examination||6th April 2019 to 20th April 2019 (8 different sittings, and candidate can choose any one)|
|Declaration of results||30th April 2019|
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: NEET Tentative Schedule
The tentative schedule for NEET is as under:
NEET 2019 Examination
|Online submission of application forms||1st November 2018 to 30th November 2018|
|Dates of examination||5th May 2019|
|Declaration of results||5th June 2019|
NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: Frequently Asked Questions
|NTA To Conduct JEE Main And NEET: Frequently Asked Questions|
|What difference could come in the JEE Mains 2019 paper as it will be conducted by the NTA?||There will be no difference in the syllabus, exam pattern, and type of questions asked in JEE Main and NEET. In all likelihood, the difficulty level too will remain same. Only, NTA will conduct these exams twice a year.|
|What difference could come in NEET 2019 paper as it will be conducted by NTA?|
|How will the IITJEE be conducted two times in a year from the year 2019?||IIT JEE or JEE Advanced will not be conducted by the NTA. It will be conducted by one of the IITs like before. JEE Advanced will be conducted only once.|
|Will the NTA raise the level of questions of the JEE Main (more conceptual) from 2019?
Will the questions of the NEET and JEE Main be tough in 2019, as the NTA will conduct the exam?
|As mentioned before, the level of questions will remain same. Making a drastic change in the difficulty level of the exams will make it difficult for the students to perform well, which is not the objective of NTA.|
|Will there be any change in the JEE Mains paper and the syllabus from 2019 when the NTA will conduct an exam?||The syllabus and exam pattern of JEE Main will remain same as before.|
|If NTA will conduct the JEE main 2019 what will be the eligibility criteria for droppers?||The idea behind conducting the exam twice a year is to give students an opportunity to perform better without having to drop a year. So, if you do not score well in the exam conducted in January, you can appear for the exam again in April and improve your score. In fact, every student can appear for the exam both the times. There will be no particular eligibility criteria for students who want to take JEE Main again in April. As for students who appeared for JEE Main 2018 and want to drop a year, the eligibility criteria for them will be confirmed only after the official notification is released.|
About National Testing Agency (NTA)
The following are the things that you need to know about the NTA:
- In pursuance of the Budget Announcement 2017-18, the Union Cabinet in its meeting held on November 10, 2017 approved creation of the NTA as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in the country.
- In order to serve the requirements of the rural students, NTA would locate the centres at sub-district/district level and as far as possible, would provide hands-on training to the students.
- According to HRD Ministry, NTA will be chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by the ministry. The CEO of NTA will be the Director General to be appointed by the Government and there will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user institutions. The Director General will be assisted by 9 verticals headed by academicians/experts.
- According to a cabinet meeting decision, NTA will be given a one-time grant of Rs.25 crore from the Government of India to start its operation in the first year. Thereafter, it will be financially self-sustainable.
- “Establishment of NTA will benefit about 40 lakh students appearing in various entrance examinations. It will relieve CBSE, AICTE and other agencies from responsibility of conducting these entrance examinations, and also bring in high reliability, standardized difficulty level for assessing the aptitude, intelligence and problem solving abilities of the students,” said a union cabinet statement earlier.
Now that you know JEE Main and NEET will be conducted twice a year and students can use their best score for admission, you should start your preparation and give your best shot. You can take JEE Main mock tests and NEET mock tests on Embibe well and get used to taking Computer-Based Tests. The test platform on Embibe is almost same as the actual exam. You can also solve unlimited JEE Main practice questions and NEET practice questions on Embibe and view solutions for every question. Embibe also provide JEE and NEET study material for free.
Also, with Embibe’s RANKUP product, your overall development will be taken care of. RANKUP will help you improve your academic knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and test-taking skills like time management, question selection, etc.
We hope this detailed article on NTA to conduct JEE Main and NEET helps you. If you have any query regarding the same, feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you.