NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is the official conducting body to organize Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020 for admission to 85% state quota seats. As per the latest NEET Karnataka MBBS/BDS Counselling schedule, KEA has started the option entry process for the second round of Karnataka NEET UG Counselling 2020. You can find the direct link below. Earlier, the candidates were able to confirm their admission seats and report at the allotted institute for Round 1 till November 8, 2020.
The eligible candidates can register online on the official website at kea.kar.nic.in for Karnataka State Quota MBBS Admission to Medical/Dental courses. Candidates who score more than or equal to the prescribed NEET 2020 cutoff scores are eligible to take part in the Karnataka MBBS Counselling process. NEET MBBS Counselling in Karnataka takes place in three rounds including a mop-up round for remaining vacant seats. In this article, we have provided every bit of detail followed in the procedures of Karnataka MBBS Counselling with details registration, important dates, seat availability and reservation criteria. Read on to find more.
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020
Before we describe every process of NEET MBBS/BDS Counselling Karnataka, let’s take a quick overview of the complete process:
|Name||Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020|
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2020|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Counselling authority for 85% State Quota seats||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore|
|Counselling authority for All India 15% Quota seats||Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Seat Intake||Around 9095 MBBS and 2674 BDS|
Karnataka NEET UG Counselling 2020 Cutoff (Released)
Here is the cutoff for Karnataka MBBS / BDS Counselling 2020:
|Category||Mock Round Cutoff||Round-1 Cutoff||Round-2 Cutoff|
|General||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Hyderabad-Karnataka||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Private & Others||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Important Dates
The important dates for Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020 are tabulated below:
|Applicant List||November 17, 2020|
|Document Verification||November 18, 2020|
|List of Verified Candidates||November 18, 2020|
|Option Entry (Choice filling)||November 19 to 21, 2020, till 4:00 PM|
|Revised Seat Matrix Release Date||November 18, 2020|
|Publication of Mock Round Result||November 22, 2020|
|Change the Option Entry||November 22 to 23, 2020|
|Publication of Round-1 Result||November 23, 2020|
|Withdrawal and Acceptance||November 24 to 25, 2020|
|Fee Payment (Choice‐1 and Choice‐2 Candidates) and Downloading Admission Order||November 24 to 26, 2020|
|Last Date for Reporting at the College (Allotted for Choice 1 Candidates)||December 8, 2020 (Extended)|
|Change the Option Entry||December 9, 2020 Onwards (Started)|
|Publication of Round-2 Result||To be Announced|
|Fee Payment||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Pay the Fees||To be Announced|
|Last Date for Reporting at the Allotted College||To be Announced|
Karnataka MBBS Counselling: Eligibility Criteria
As per the official notification, candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for NEET-UG Karnataka Counselling 2020. So, let’s take a look at the eligibility conditions set by KEA for Counselling below:
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility conditions laid down in CET 2006 rules.
- Candidates should have qualified NEET-UG 2020 exam.
- Candidates should have passed in 2nd PUC with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. For candidates belonging to SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories, 40% of aggregate marks in these subjects is the minimum requirement.
- Non-Karnataka residents will not be eligible for NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka under reservation criteria.
- Candidates should be an Indian citizen/OCI/NRI with a valid certificate.
The basic eligibility criteria are listed above and candidates are required to submit valid documents during the verification process to validate the information.
Karnataka State Quota MBBS Admission 2020: Registration
Interested and eligible candidates must register online to participate in the document verification process for admission in MBBS BDS private and government colleges. Steps required to be followed while filling an application form are given below:
- – 1st Step: Candidates should visit the official website at kea.kar.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Select the Admissions tab. Click on “UG NEET-2020″ and then select “Medical/Dental” from the dropdown menu.
- – 3rd Step: Click on “UG NEET 2020 – Online Application (Medical/Dental/Ayush)”.
- – 4th Step: Click on “If you have not registered for medical/ Dental (New User), Click here to register for UG-2020”.
- – 5th Step: Read the instructions carefully and click “proceed to fill the application form” on the bottom of the page.
- – 6th Step: You will be asked a few details regarding CET eligibility, nationality, PUC exam location. Click on the option that is appropriate to your status.
- – 7th Step: In the next step, candidates will have to enter all the required details along with a valid mobile number.
- – 8th Step: After the completion of registration candidates will receive an application ID and Password to their registered mobile phone number and to email address.
- – 9th Step: Once registered, log in for the same by visiting the official website.
- – 10th Step: Followed by logging in, candidates will find these tabs with names such as Student Information, Study Details, Photo & Signature Upload, Declaration, Challan, Payment status, Save as draft and Print Application.
- – 11th Step: Fill all the tabs with the requested information and move on to the next one by clicking “Save and Next”.
- – 12th Step: Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photograph, Signature, and Left-Hand Thumb Impression in JPG / JPEG format separately.
- – 13th Step: Along with document uploads, candidates will also have to make a payment for the application form.
- – 14th Step: On successful completion of the application form, take a printout and save the copy of the same for document verification.
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020: Document Verification
Karnataka Examinations Authority calls the candidates who have registered for document verification to determine eligibility for MBBS and BDS courses. Candidates who did not attend the document verification of CET 2020 previously and those who have qualified in UG NEET-2020 Examination will have to get their original documents verified in the Helpline Centre to proceed onto the option entry phase of NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka. A total of 29 helpline centres had been allotted by KEA for document verification.
Important Documents for NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka Verification
- Printout of Karnataka MBBS BDS Application Form
- Bank Challan copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Secondary School Certificate
- 2nd PUC or Class 12 mark sheet
- Two passport size recent photograph
- Study certificate attested by Block Education Officer or Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Seat Classification
Eligible and qualified candidates after the document verification will be allowed to participate in the seat allotment procedure. KEA NEET MBBS Counselling will allot the following types of seats for those who meet the respective eligibility criteria.
- (a) G-Government Seats
- (b) P-Private Seats
- (c) N-NRI Seats
- (d) Q-Others Seats
Karnataka State Quota MBBS Admission 2020: Option Entry
Candidates who become eligible after the document verification will be provided with a secure key that should be used to log in for the choice filling. Candidates can then enter the course/college of their choice from the seats available on the portal.
Once the options as per college, category and course are displayed, the candidate must first select the discipline in the option entry form. Followed to discipline selection, the entry form displays a list of Medical colleges to choose preferences. It is advised to candidates they begin filling the choices as per the priority as there is no limit. The choices filled by the candidate remains the same for all subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Seat Allotment
After the choice filling or option entry window is closed, the seat matrix is issued by the authorities. Based on this, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the merit-cum-preferences basis and state reservation policy. Seats that remained vacant from the first round of seat allotment will be filled in the second round. Seat allotment results will be available online for the candidates to refer to after every counselling round.
In case the seats remain vacant after the two rounds of counselling, a mop-up round will be taken up to fill the admission seats.
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Government MBBS Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Seats||Hyd/Kar Quota||General|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||250||16||183|
|MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||150||9||111|
|Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||150||10||111|
|Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||150||9||111|
|Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||200||13||146|
|Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||150||84||36|
|Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||150||84||36|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Medical College, Gulbarga||100||23||10|
|Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||150||84||36|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Medical College, Bangalore||100||3||30|
|Mysore Medical College, Mysore||150||9||11|
|Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belagavi||150||10||111|
|Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||150||10||110|
|Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka||150||10||110|
|Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar||150||9||109|
|Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences, Madikeri||150||9||111|
NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020: Private/ Trust Run Medical Colleges
|Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||100||40||3||34|
|Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||150||60||4||52|
|M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||150||60||5||52|
|Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||100||55||16||7|
|MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||150||82||3||33|
|Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||150||83||3||31|
|A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore||150||82||3||32|
|Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||250||137||4||55|
|Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga||100||40||3||34|
|Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur||150||67||5||52|
|Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur||100||55||2||21|
|S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot||150||60||4||52|
|SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad||100||55||2||21|
|Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||150||60||40||17|
|Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||150||82||25||10|
|Father Mullers Institue of Medical Education and Research, Mangalore||150||82||3||33|
|K V G Medical College, Sullia||100||40||3||34|
|JJM Medical College, Davangere||245||98||7||86|
|Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||150||82||3||32|
|Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga, Karnataka||150||83||2||32|
|BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||150||60||4||52|
|East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||150||60||4||52|
|St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore||150||60|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||200||0||1||9|
Karnataka MBBS Counselling: Helpline
Here is the helpline number if the candidates face any sort of difficulties related to the Karnataka state Counselling NEET-UG 2020.
Helpline: 080 – 23 460 460 (Mon – Sat: From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka
Some of the frequently asked questions on NEET MBBS/BDS Counselling Karnataka are:
Ans: Karnataka MBBS counselling for every round will be conducted in online mode.
Ans: NEET MBBS Counselling in Karnataka will be held in three rounds including a mop-up round for remaining vacant seats.
Ans: Karnataka MBBS counselling 2020 will be conducted on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in NEET 2020.
Ans: NEET MBBS/BDS Karnataka Admission process was started from November 8, 2020.
We hope this article on NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020 helps you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, kindly drop queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Till then stay tuned to embibe.com for more latest updates and news on NEET MBBS Counselling Karnataka 2020.1170 Views