RBI Assistant Notification 2020: The Reserve bank of India (RBI) announced its RBI Assistant Notification officially on 23rd December 2019. A total of 926 vacancies across India have been issued in this recruitment. The RBI Assistant Prelims Examination Result was announced already on March 3, 2020. Now the officials have conducted the RBI Assistant Main Exam on 22nd November 2020. The RBI Assistant Mains exam Results are expected to release soon.
|Latest: Earlier it was informed that the Mains online examination will be held on March 29, 2020 (Sunday). In view of the threat of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and for the candidates’ safety and well-being, the online Main examination has been postponed. The revised date/s for the examination will be announced later on the Bank’s website. The Mains exams were held on 22nd November 2020.|
RBI Assistant Notification 2020
Let us first have an overview of RBI Assistant Notification:
|Name of the Position||RBI Assistant|
|Number of Vacancies||926 vacancies|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Mains Exam Date||To be Announced|
RBI Assistant Recruitment Important Dates
The important dates for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2020 are as under:
|Start of Online Application Process||23rd December 2019|
|Last Date for Online Application Process||24th January 2020|
|Last Date for Online Payment of Fees||24th January 2020|
|Date of Preliminary exam||14th & 15th February 2020|
|Prelims Result Date||3rd March 2020|
|Date of Mains exam||22nd November 2020|
|RBI Mains Exam Result Date||December 2020|
RBI Assistant Notification: List Of Vacancies
The complete list of regions along with the respective vacancies has been mentioned below. The category-wise vacancies can be viewed in the official RBI Assistant notification which has been uploaded later in this article.
|Kanpur & Lucknow||63|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||20|
Region-Wise Backlog Vacancies:
|Kanpur & Lucknow||42|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||–|
RBI Assistant Pay Scale
|Assistants recruited at RBI will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible|
to Graduates) in the scale of ₹ 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3)
– 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately ₹36,091/-.
RBI Assistant Notification: Zonal Office
The RBI Zonal offices are as under:
|West Zone||Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.|
|South Zone||Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).|
|North Zone||Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu / Srinagar, Kanpur, (including Lucknow & Dehradun), New Delhi.|
|East Zone||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi)|
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria
Candidates meet the following RBI Assistant eligibility criteria:
Age Criteria: Shouldn’t exceed 28 years.
|SC/ST||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|OBC||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|PWD||By 10 years (GEN/ EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to a maximum of 50 years|
- Candidates seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the on-line application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) As per RBI Assistant notification, candidates applying for the post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2020
The RBI Assistant selection procedure involves a Preliminary Test, the Main exam, and lastly the Language Proficiency Test.
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern|
A composite time of 1 hour is provided to the candidate
|Section||No. of Question / Maximum Marks|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern|
A composite time of 135 minutes is allotted to the candidate.
|Section||No. of Question / Maximum Marks|
As per the RBI Assistant notification released for the year 2020, there will be NO interview for recruiting candidates to the post of RBI Assistant across India. The interview was conducted a few years earlier. But as of now, no interview will be conducted.
Negative Marking: There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination). 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. No marks will be deducted if the question is left unanswered or blank.
RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test
Candidates provisionally selected from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned. Candidates who are not proficient in the Official/Local Language will be disqualified.
Pre- Examination Training
- RBI shall arrange combined pre-examination training at certain centers for a limited number of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India.
- Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training may write to the Regional Office of the Reserve Bank of India for which the candidate is applying.
- Candidates opting for pre-examination training will be intimated about the training by the Regional Office. All expenses regarding traveling, boarding, lodging, etc. will be borne by the candidates for attending the Pre-Examination Training program at the concerned Pre-Examination Training Centre.
- Depending upon the response and administrative feasibility, the right to cancel any of the pre-examination training centers and/ or add some other Centres and/ or make alternative arrangements is reserved.
RBI Assistant Notification: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are the most frequently asked questions regarding RBI Assistant Notification:
Ans: As per the RBI Assistant notification 2020, there will be no interview after the written result. Candidates will have to appear for a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
Ans: No, you have to clear the cut-off score of the Preliminary exam in order to appear for the Main exam.
Ans: The question paper will be bilingual in nature i.e. in Hindi as well as English.
Ans: As per the RBI Assistant notification 2020, there will be a negative marking of ¼ marks for each incorrect response.
Ans: he Mains exam has been postponed and the revised exam dates were announced by the officials. Now the Mains exam was conducted on 22nd November 2020.
Ans: The Basic Pay of an RBI Assistant is Rs. 14,650/- every month and the Gross Salary of an RBI Assistant ranges to approximately Rs. 36,091/- every month.
We hope our detailed article on RBI Assistant Notification 2020 helps you. If you have any queries or feedback to share, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest. We wish you all the very best for your exam.
Stay tuned to this article to get the latest updates about RBI Assistant Notification 2020!1352 Views