Indian Navy Recruitment 2019: Indian Navy has released a recent notification for the recruitment of 400 Sailors under Matric Recruit (MR) posts for the year 2020. The Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 invites applications from unmarried male candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the Indian government. This is a golden opportunity for the students who have cleared matriculation and wish to join the prestigious Indian Navy. This year, the officials of the Indian Navy have announced 400 vacancies for the post of Sailor MR.
Interested candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can proceed by applying for the Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR posts by visiting the official website at joinindiannavy.gov.in. For more detailed procedure of Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 under Sailor MR posts, go through this article thoroughly.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019: Sailor Metric Recruit Posts
Before getting into the detailed Indian Navy Recruitment procedure, let us take a look at the overview of the exam:
|Event||Indian Navy Recruitment|
|Vacancies||Sailor Matric Recruit|
|Number of Vacancies||400|
|Type of jobs under Sailor MR||Chef, Steward, and Hygienist|
|Selection Procedure||Computer-based examination, Physical Fitness Test and Medical examination|
|Registration||23rd November to 28th November 2019|
Aspirants can apply for Sailor Matric Recruit posts from 23rd November to 28th November 2019. The Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR posts can be further divided into Chef, Steward, and Hygienist. The Indian Navy Recruitment procedure for all Sailor MR posts will involve three stages and the candidates who are qualified in all these three stages will be recruited for the Indian Navy.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019: Sailor MR posts
Indian Navy has announced 400 Sailor vacancies under Metric Recruit department. These posts are further divided Chef, Steward, and Hygienist as per the job profile. So, before getting into the details of Indian Navy Recruitment, let’s take a look at the job profile of vacancies under Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR:
- Duties of a Chef: Selected candidates for this post will be preparing food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products). In addition to the cooking, they will also be accountable for ration and allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Duties of a Steward: As the name suggests, the job profile for Steward will include serving food in the officers’ messes, as waiters, housekeeping. Additionally, they will also be responsible for the accounting of funds, wine, and stores, preparation of the menu, etc.
- Duties of a Hygienist: A hygienist will be required to clean washroom, shower spaces and other areas apart from performing the other duties as per Service requirement.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019: Eligibility Criteria
Aspiring candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the respective departments specified by the officials of the Indian Navy. The officials of Indian Navy have announced 400 posts under Matric Recruit and the eligibility criteria for this department are listed below:
- Education: Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Age: Candidates born between October 1, 2000 to September 30, 2003 can apply for the post (both dates inclusive). The age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms will be applicable.
How To Apply For Indian Navy Recruitment 2019?
The procedure to apply for Indian Navy for all the posts is the same. Follow the steps as under to apply for Indian Navy Recruitment:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Indian Navy: joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Step 2: Register yourself by providing your Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details.
- Step 3: You will receive login credentials to your registered mail ID. Use them to log in to your account.
- Step 4: ‘Log–in’ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Step 4: Fill up the application form for Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR post and upload the necessary documents.
- Step 5: Click on the “Submit” button.
Application Fee for Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR
Candidates should pay Rs.205 while filling up the application form and the amount will not be refunded.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019: Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of Indian Navy includes 3 stages and candidates who qualify in all the three stages will be recruited in the Indian Navy. The 3 stages of Indian Navy Recruitment Sailor MR selection procedure are listed below:
- Computer-Based Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Standards Examination
Indian Navy Recruitment Selection Procedure For Sailor Matric Recruit
Computer Based Test Procedure: The first stage of MR is an online test and the pattern for the same is given below:
- The question paper will consist of 50 questions each carrying 1 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English).
- Only objective type (multiple-choice) questions will be asked.
- The question paper will have two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The duration of the examination will be 30 minutes.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Physical Fitness Test: Candidates who are qualified in the computer-based test will be eligible to appear for Physical Fitness Test. For PFT, candidates will have to run 1.6 km run in 7 minutes, do 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
Medical Standards: Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry. Candidates who are qualified in the previous rounds are eligible to appear for this stage of examination:
- The minimum height of the candidates should be 157 cm and the minimum chest expansion should be of 5 cm.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health.
- Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”.
- Final Enrolment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka.
- Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note: Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to the medical examination.
Visual Standards: The visual standards that will be tested for different types of entries (with and without glasses) for Chef, Steward, and Hygienist posts are tabulated below:
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse eye|
Now you are provided with all the detailed information regarding Indian Navy Recruitment 2019. The exam is expected to be conducted in the month of February 2019. Students who are appearing for the Indian Navy Metric Recruit exam can take the free Class 10 mock tests for Science and Maths on Embibe. With the help of these mock tests, you can easily analyze your mistakes and focus to improve.
We hope this detailed article on Indian Navy Recruitment helps you. If you have any doubt regarding Indian Navy Recruitment 2019, drop your comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.2417 Views