TNEA Notification 2020: Anna University conducts the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) to facilitate admissions into BE / BTech programmes. In order to get admissions in the top colleges in Tamil Nadu, students should register themselves at the TNEA registration portal at annauniv.edu. As per the notification, the last date to apply for the TNEA 2020 is August 16. Candidates can fill up their TNEA 2020 application form only in online mode. Please note that TNEA 2020 will completely be an online procedure – online registration & application filling, certificate verification, online choice filling, tentative seat confirmation and provisional allotment.
There are more than 560 Engineering and Technology colleges registered under TNEA. Therefore, every college will follow the same admission process as announced by Anna University. In this article, you will get all the information related to TNEA 2020 notification including registration, application, certificate verification, counselling and more.
TNEA 2020 Notification is out. Candidates can fill their TNEA application form till August 16, 2020.
TNEA Notification 2020
Before we get into the details of TNEA 2020 Notification, let us quickly have an overview of TNEA:
|Name||TNEA – Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Name of Conducting authority||Anna University, Chennai|
|Number of Participating Institutes||560+|
|Admission Process||Marks obtained from 10+2|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Counselling Type||State Level Counselling|
TNEA 2020 Dates
You can find the important dates for TNEA 2020 from the below table. This will help you keep track of the various events which are important from the exam’s point of view:
|Application process||July 15, 2020|
|Last date to fill and submit the application form||August 16, 2020|
|Commencement of uploading original certificates||July 31, 2020|
|Last date for uploading original certificates||August 20, 2020|
|Assigning random number||August 21, 2020|
|Verification of documents at TFCs||August 24 to September 1, 2020|
|TNEA Rank list publication date||September 7, 2020|
|Counselling for Special Reservation categories||September 10 – 14, 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling (Academic)||September 17 – October 6, 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling (Vocational)||September 10 – 14, 2020|
|Supplementary Counselling||October 8 – 12, 2020|
|Last date for TNEA counselling||October 15, 2020|
Who Are Eligible To Apply For TNEA 2020?
Before applying for the TNEA 2020, we advise all the candidates to go through all the minimum eligibility criteria as specified under this section. Failing to fulfil any of these mentioned criteria will lead to the rejection of your TNEA Application Form.
- – Candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 from the state are eligible to apply for TNEA Notification 2020.
- – Aspirants who are not from Tamil Nadu but have completed their 10+2 education from the state can also apply.
- – Candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the other state are also eligible. They have to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority for exercising their participation.
- – Candidates whose parents are working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2020. However, they are required to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians as proof of serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously from the last five years.
- – Children of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can apply for TNEA 2020.
- – Candidates should have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized university or board.
- – Their main subjects should be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
- – Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks (General category), 45% marks (OBC category) and 40% marks (SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC category) in PCM.
- – The minimum age of the applications should be 18 years while the maximum age should be 25 years.
- – The provision of age relaxation has to be followed for the reserved category as per norms given by Anna University.
Candidates who fall as per the above eligibility conditions can apply for TNEA Notification 2020 as soon as it gets released.
How To Fill TNEA 2020 Application Form?
TNEA 2020 Application Form was made available to candidates from July 15, 2020. You can follow the steps below to successfully fill TNEA registration form:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website for TNEA at tneaonline.org.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the “Click here for New Registration” link.
- – 3rd Step: Register on the website and create a login ID/Password through OTP registration. Please ensure that the mobile and email ID has to be active and valid until the examination process.
- – 4th Step: Once you have successfully applied for TNEA notification, log in to your portal by entering your username and password.
- – 5th Step: Fill your personal and academic details in the TNEA application form.
- – 6th Step: Upload the documents – Your Class 10th Marksheet, 11th Marksheet (For Tamil Nadu State Board students), 12th Marksheet as well as the Community Certificate (Except OC candidates). Candidates need to follow these TNEA instructions while uploading their documents.
- – 7th Step: After you have done, check all the entered information using the preview button.
- – 8th Step: You can also take a printout of the filled application form for your future reference.
Application Fee For TNEA 2020
- a) Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 (General category) and Rs. 250 (Reserved category).
- b) You can only make the online payments through credit card, debit card and net banking.
Eligible candidates should submit the duly filled application form on time. If you are facing any issues while following the process given in the TNEA notification, feel free to contact the officials:
|Address||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE),|
53, Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai – 600 025
TNEA Admission Process 2020
Earlier there was an examination conducted by Anna University that offers admission based on the marks scored by the candidates. However, the University has changed its counselling process from the few last years. Find the information about the counselling and admission processes under TNEA Notification 2020.
- – Eligible candidates should register themselves at the official TNEA website and timely submit their application form.
- – The University admission officials then scrutinize all the duly-completed application forms.
- – Then the University announces a Merit/Rank List after acknowledging all the received application forms.
- – Candidates who get selected by the University are called for the TNEA notification counselling round. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website of TNEA 2020.
- – This is a single-window counselling process where candidates get their admissions into various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Class 12 Board marks play an important role here. As candidates who score well in their 10+2 exams have higher chances of getting admission to a prestigious college through TNEA Notification 2020.
TNEA Notification 2020 Document or Certificate Verification
Candidates have to submit certain documents as a part of their TNEA application form. These documents are verified by the exam authorities when they are assessing the application of the candidates. You can find the list of documents to be carried as under:
- 10th Mark sheet
- 11th Mark sheet (For Tamil Nadu State Board students)
- 12th Mark sheet
- Community Certificate (Except OC candidates)
- Transfer Certificate (optional)
- Nativity Certificate (If Native Tamil Nadu candidates have studied in other states in any one of the classes from 8th std to 12th std)
- Parents occupation Certificate (Other state candidates whose parent is a Central/State Govt employee in Tamil Nadu for the past five years)
- Srilankan Refugee Certificate (For Srilankan refugees)
- Ex-servicemen certificate (Candidates who opted for Special Reservation – Ex-servicemen)
- Differently Abled Certificate (Candidates who opted for Special Reservation – Differently Abled)
- Photo of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
TNEA Notification: Choice Filling & Seat Allotment
You will have to fill the college choices from a given list of participating institutions for B.Tech programs in order of their priority. Please note that the TNEA choice filling will be done online. Candidates have to prepare a choice as per their priority.
Based on the merit, reservation and choice filling, you will be allotted the respective seats. After the process, the candidates should collect their allotment order. After the entire seat allotment procedures, aspirants will have to report to their allotted college and complete the remaining procedures.
TNEA Previous Year Cut Off (Collegewise)
Candidates who are aware of the previous year TNEA Cut Off will have an added advantage since they can estimate the type of scores they must achieve to get into that particular college. TNEA Cut Off for 2020 will be released by Anna University after the declaration of admission notification. However, you can click below to view the TNEA Cut Off 2020 in detail.
TNEA 2020 List Of Participating Institutes
Every year Anna University releases the list of TNEA Participating Institutes. There are more than 500 colleges registered under Anna University. During the TNEA notification counselling process, candidates have the option of choosing most of the colleges which are offering the undergraduate program through TNEA 2020. The seat allotment of these participating institutes is done based on various criteria such as candidate’s merit, category, and preferences.
Important FAQs Regarding TNEA Notification 2020
Let’s take a look at the important FAQs asked by various candidates regarding TNEA 2020:
Ans: Due to current COVID-19 pandemic, the registrations for TNEA 2020 were delayed. However, please start checking as the new TNEA notification and application forms are out.
Ans: You won’t be able to calculate any cutoff for TNEA. As the entrance test procedure has been removed, candidates will get shortlisted on the basis of their Class 12 Board scores. You will need to register for TNEA and once all the registrations are over, the officials will announce the TNEA cut off and will call the candidates accordingly.
Ans: No, there isn’t any entrance test for TNEA 2020. Candidates will get shortlisted on the basis of their Class 12 Board exam marks.
Ans: If you want to apply for TNEA, you would have to ensure to fulfil these domicile criteria:
– You should be the domicile of Tamil Nadu.
– If you are not from Tamil Nadu but have completed your 10+2 education from the state.
– Furthermore, if you are from Tamil Nadu but have completed your 10+2 education from the other state, then you would have to submit a nativity certificate.
– Also, if your parents are in the central government, then you will need to show the nativity certificate of your parents which will act as proof of serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously from the last five years.
– If you are a child of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers, then you can apply for TNEA notification 2020.
Ans: You can register for TNEA by visiting the official website at tneaonline.in once the application forms are out. Click on the TNEA 2020 registration link and register. Login to the account and fill all the details. Pay the application fee and submit your form.
Ans: TNEA application forms are out. It was released on July 15, 2020. The last date to fill the form is August 16, 2020.
Ans: There are more than 560 participating institutes under TNEA 2020. You can check the complete list here.
Ans: These mandatory documents will be considered for TNEA Notification 2020.
– Class 10th mark sheet
– Intermediate mark sheet
– Transfer certificate from the last school attended
– Nativity certificate (If applicable)
– Category certificate (If applicable)
– ID Proof like Aadhar, election ID and Driving license.
– Passport-sized photographs of the candidate
Now that you have all the information related to TNEA Notification 2020, you’ll find it useful. If you have questions related to the topic, you can post your queries down in the comment section. We will surely help you out.
Embibe wishes you all the best and hopefully, you can all land on your dream colleges!1382 Views