Official notification on the JEE Main 2017 listing down the instructions and details:
JEE Main 2017 application form
1. Please read the instructions, procedure and Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling the Application Form.
2. Candidate can apply for JEE(Main) – 2017 ‘ON-LINE’ only through official website of JEE(Main)
3. Please ensure that you are filling genuine Application Form available online at JEE (Main) website
4. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
5. Requirement of Aadhaar- Clarification
6. Examination Fees
|Paper(s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN INDIA|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||1000||500||500||250|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||1800||900||1300||650|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||3800||1900||3800||1900|
(1) In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit cards, the candidate will need to pay an additional processing charge as following
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs. 2000.
(2) Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
7. The fee may be submitted either by any credit/debit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank.
8. Candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. Multiple Applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
9. Application Procedure: 3 Simple Steps to be followed to apply online
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form, choose your Password and note down system generated Application Number.
The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and also required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the data, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and also required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with his/her respective system generated Application Number and chosen Password.
Step 2: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature :
- The scanned images of photograph and Signature should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
NOTE : The Candidate will be able to modify/correct the particulars before the payment of fees. Once the payment of fee has been made / e-Challan downloaded, candidate particulars cannot be edited.
Step 3: Pay Examination Fee by debit/credit card or e-Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank :
Payment by Debit/Credit Card: The candidate has to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment Page. In case the acknowledgment page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate account with in a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the Acknowledgment Page is not generated
Payment by Bank e-challan: The candidate has to select bank (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC) to deposit the application fee through e-Challan mode. As soon as he/she selects, an e-Challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount to be paid. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank for making payment. After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/CBSE, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page. In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch to update his/her transaction.
10. Selection of date/slot of Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1:
The candidate, who has opted for Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1, should select the date/slot after payment of Examination Fee. The candidate, who does not select the date/slot, will be allotted the date/slot on random basis depending upon availability.
11. Important Instruction about PASSWORD
During online form filling, candidate will be required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and its Answer. Candidate is advised to record/remember their password for all future logins.
The Password must be as per the following Password policy
- Password must be 8 to 13 character long.
- Password must have at least one Upper case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one Lower case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one numeric value.
- Password must have at least one special characters eg.!@#$%^&*-
- For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with their respective system generated Application Number and the chosen Password.
- Candidate is advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither CBSE nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidate can change his/her passwords after login, if desired.
- Candidate should remember to log out at the end of their session so that the particulars of the candidate cannot be tampered or modified by unauthorized persons.
- Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling
- Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No.
- Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address.
How to reset your Password: The following options are available to reset Password
12. All correspondence related to JEE (Main) – 2017 should be addressed to the Executive Director, JEE (Main), Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Plot No. 149, Block – H,Sector – 63, Noida – 201309, Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.).
13. The application no. printed on the computer generated Acknowledgement Page must be mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application number printed on the Acknowledgement Page.